Space in the path / kdevelop 3.0.4

Fred fredn1 at gmx.de
Tue Nov 2 17:46:01 GMT 2004

On Monday 01 November 2004 16:11, Andy Cedilnik wrote:
> About the KDevelop problem, putting quotes around the path will solve
> the problem. Also, in CMake we have pretty good implementation of method
> that escapes spaces.

I'm aware that quotes will solve the problem *here*.
It's good that CMake has a good implementation, which I'll take your word for.

My experience (over more years than I'd sometimes prefer),
in various environments from IBM Mainframes through Middleware
right down to PCs, is:

- it *will* cause problems somewhere eventually
- that will happen when I have *no* time for it
- it will happen in code I've never seen
- if the environment isn't open source it will probably
  happen in code I can neither see nor change

It's just my 2 cents worth - I'm happy to use underlines or dashes instead,
but that's my own choice for my own reasons.

- if you've managed to solve the associated problems in your environment,
  more power to you!

Fred.