using header files located in other directories

Tarjei Knapstad tarjei.knapstad at predichem.com
Wed Mar 31 13:07:59 BST 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 06:13, Jose Sanchez wrote:

> >Is it a KDE or a Qt project? If it is Qt then you can add header files with
> >the QMake manager (next to the Class browser).
> >
> >Loke.
> >

> It is a C++ console project.

And there's no "QMake manager" in the 2.1 series :)

Anyway, what you need to do is add the appropriate include path. Go to
Project -> Options... and click on the "Compiler Options" icon. Select
the "Flags and Warnings" tab, and add -I/your/include/path in "C++
compiler flags (CXXFLAGS)". "/your/include/path" needs to be a real path
of course :) Reconfigure and off you go.

If you need to link with libraries not in any of the locations in
/etc/ld.so.conf then you need to add -L/your/library/path in the "Linker
Flags" tab, and then add the appropriate -l stuff in "Linker Options ->
additional libraries".

If you can though, I'd advise you to install KDevelop 3.0.2 and learn
that instead - the 2.1 series is no longer supported, and a lot has
changed between 2.1 and 3.0. In the long run you'd be better off
starting your project in KDevelop 3

Cheers,
--
Tarjei