KDevelop vs php files - autocompletion

Sebastian Gutweiler newsletter at gutweiler.net
Mon Mar 22 21:13:56 GMT 2004

* Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <eugenydzh at jdevelop.com> [040322 21:28]:

Hi,

> On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 21:00:16 +0100
> Sebastian Gutweiler <newsletter at gutweiler.net> wrote:
>
> > Go to Project -> New Project -> Create New Project Dialog appears,
> > select PHP and then "Simple PHP Script", set application name and
> > location, then click on Next. In the following two Dialogs also click
> > on Next and Finish.
> >
> > After you have clicked on the Finish-Button you should see a sample
> > Hello world program.
> >
> > If you want to create a new file for a class, use
> > the "New Class" on the right side and select "A new empty php source
> > file". Make sure that "Add to Project" is checked in the "New File"
> > Dialog.
> >
> > When you write a class definition in this new File and save it,
> > it's class should be in the "Classes"-View on the right side.
> > If you create a new instance of your new class Code Completion should
> > work.
>
> Doing in exactly that way - nothing works for me :(
> Also, the completion for common PHP keywords (like mysql_query()) are
> not working too.
>
> OS: FreeBSD 4.9
> KDevelop 3.0.2, built form ports.
>
> Code completion and code hinting are enabled in the project options.

Mhm, strange.

Are your include patterns (Project Options -> Script Project Options)
*.php,*.phps,*.php3,*.inc?

Are there lines looking like these in the debug output of kdevelop:
kdevelop (php support): addedFilesToProject()
kdevelop (php support): remove and
parse/home/sebastian/projects/test/test.php
kdevelop (php support): enter parsedFile
kdevelop (php support):
FileName:/home/sebastian/projects/test/test.php
kdevelop (php support): enter parsedLines
(this will only work if you have debug support enabled in kdevelop)

Is it possible that there are old kdevelop files lying around?

Do you have an installed phpfunctions file (should be in
$prefix/share/apps/kdevphpsupport)?

Sebastian