Kdbg/gdb problems on RH ES 3.0

Steve Johnson sjohnson at mea.ca
Tue Mar 9 16:37:47 GMT 2004

I'm not sure if someone can help me with this here, but I've
triedlooking around the web and have not been able to find any
answerrelative to my problem. We've compiled KDE on a RedHat Enterprise
ES 3.0system, and most of it is working fine. It was built with
konstruct andevery application there was compiled. The system is mostly
being usedfor a multi-user Kdevelop environment. We're having problems
with kdbg,that are somewhat related to gdb. On the old RH 9.0 server,
everything'sworking fine, but on this one, we keep getting the error
"Using hostlibthread_db library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1"", and then
kdbg stopsthere. This error is also mentioned in gdb as soon as we start
it withan executable as a parameter, whether they are our own programs
orprograms that were part of RPMs. If we start gdb without any
parameters,the error message is not there. However, running the program
in gdbcommand line will work, but not in kdbg, since it stops after
giving outthat message. Does anyone have any information as to what
might causethis problem and suggestions on how to solve this?

Thanks a lot!
Steve Johnson