What are the pcs files?

Jens Dagerbo jens.dagerbo at swipnet.se
Fri Jun 25 11:58:30 BST 2004

Hi,

The .pcs file is a generated file used to store the results of the c++ class
parser. It is used as a cache on project startup to reduce the load time.

It's not something you shouold commit to version control. It's fine to delete
them and for small project you will probably not notice the difference. For
large projects however, the difference can be huge. (For instance, on my box:
parsing linux-2.6.0 took 15 minutes the first time, but only 2 minutes the
second.)

jd