Kdevelop Flex & Bison

Sascha Cunz scunz at ng-projekt.de
Wed Jun 23 00:22:14 BST 2004

Heho,
> Hey all I've searched about everywhere I could think and haven't found
> an answer to this. Except one mail saying that flex & bison are
> supported.. So..
Yes, they are indeed kind of supported.

> I am writing the config files for flex & bison in kwrite currently. I
> would like to uuse the features of kdevelop (colors, indenting etc..)
> But I do not see a template in the CVS version (3.0.90)
And yes, this is particular right, too.

QMake manager probably supports it a bit more than automake manager. But the
basic systems below kdevelop do support flex and lex for all kdevelop
templates.

All you need to do is to add the .ll / .l / .y / .yy files to the project - as
you would do with any other existing source file. ( I know that there is
almost always still a little trouble getting it to work, but if it's done
once, it works... )

I am also using bison and flex in several projects. However, i constantly have
to face that most people consider bison and flex as very complex utilities
and do not want to use them.
Though, i'll most probably try to get the time in the future to write a
"simple" bison and lex editor. That would be a "visual" editor which could
make writing a bison compiler-compiler a bit easier.
I'm still doing some brainstroming on that and i do not believe it will hapen
before the next complete KDevelop release.

Cheers Sascha