How to create a only Qt project with support for autoconf/automake

Leopold Palomo Avellaneda lepalom at wol.es
Mon Jun 7 15:18:40 BST 2004

Hi,

I have read this thread today and I would like to add some comments:

A Dilluns 07 Juny 2004 13:53, Alexandros Karypidis va escriure:
> On Monday 07 June 2004 15:12, Santiago Capel wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I want to create a new project with Qt support but I don't want to
> > use a QMake based project, but Autoconf/Automake instead.
> >
> > In KDevelop 2.0 there was a QT template project but with KDevelop
> > 3.0.3 I can not find it.
> >
> > Any help?
> >
> > Thank you!
>
> It has probably been removed. Is there a reason why you would want a
> auto-tools / Qt combination? > I mean, writing a Qt-only app probably
> means you want to have it for both Win/Unix environments, so why not
> just use qmake?

Yes, there are some reasons IMO. If you want to add another libraries, or
combined in in a Unix enviroment, autotools I think that works better. If you
want to add a library that has a m4 macro, you only have use it to configure
the linker. If you prefer to mantain som king of GNU system. the autotools
are the "tools" not qmake. Another question is if autotools are easy or not,
or a bit crasy tool, but this is another question ....

> Otherwise, your application would require Cygwin +
> Autotools to be compiled on Windows and even then, I'm not sure that
> the setup would work flawlessly...

No, it's not easy, but it's posible.

Best regards,

Leo