QMake managed project

Tarjei Knapstad tarjei.knapstad at predichem.com
Thu Jun 3 17:20:49 BST 2004

Well, I finally got fed up trying to migrate my autoconf/automake based
KDevelop 2 project over to KDevelop 3 and have decided to go with QMake.
(actually I'm quite fed up with the tediousness of automake and friends
in general...).

I've got one problem however - in the build manager I can only add a new
subproject if the root project uses the "Subdirectories" template. My
file hierarchy looks something like:

src/
  main.cpp
  lib1/
     <headers and implementation files>
     sublib1/
        <headers and implementation files>
     sublib2/
        <headers and implementation files>
  lib2/
        <headers and implementation files>

and so on. As it is now, I have to change the "src" subproject to the
"Subdirectories" template, then add lib1 as a subdir template, then add
sublib1 and 2 as library template. I then have to change lib1/ back to
the library template and finally src/ back to the Application template.
Then I can build them individually, but I'm still screwed wrt. to doing
a complete project build.

How am I supposed to handle this? Am I supposed to add one
"Subdirectories" project called lib1-sublibraries and then one "Library"
project called lib1 for instance?

Thanks,
--
Tarjei