3.0.92 issues

Bernd Schubert bernd-schubert at web.de
Tue Jul 27 15:52:48 BST 2004

Hello,

I just tested the current cvs version and have some problems:

1.) It stops during the compilation and complains about a missing declaration:

formwindow.cpp: In member function `virtual bool FormWindow::event(QEvent*)':
formwindow.cpp:2765: error: `windowState' undeclared (first use this function)
formwindow.cpp:2765: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
   for each function it appears in.)
formwindow.cpp:2765: error: `WindowMaximized' undeclared (first use this
   function)
formwindow.cpp:2765: error: `WindowActive' undeclared (first use this
function)
formwindow.cpp:2765: error: `setWindowState' undeclared (first use this
   function)
formwindow.cpp:2768: warning: converting to non-pointer type `bool' from NULL
make[1]: *** [formwindow.lo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/tmpa/bernd/kdevelop/kdevelop-040724/kdevdesigner/designer'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Well, I couldn't find the missing declaration, since I probably don't need
qtdesigner, I simply commented out this line.

2.) I had the same problem as Adolph & Sharon Weidanz had, it just crashed
since kdevelop-splash.png was not there were it expected it to be. The file
was installed in /usr/share/apps/kdevelop3/pics/ but kdevelop expected in in
apps/kdevelop/pics/ . Is this a problem of the debian installation scripts or
something general.

3.) After fixing 1) and 2) kdevelop starts now, but in the menubar I can see:
File   Help   No Text!   No Text!   No Text!   No Text!   No Text!   No Text!
Debug   No Text!  Bookmarks  Windows

Klicking on the "No Text!" menu works fine, however several sub-menus are
missing, such a kdevelop and editor configuration and project configuration.

In case this is a problem of the debian scripts, I just recreated it with
dh_make and recompiling it now.

Cheers,
	Bernd