3.0 newbie question regarding adding classes and making them compile during "make"

Alexander Dymo adymo at mksat.net
Sat Jul 17 05:36:56 BST 2004

On Friday 16 July 2004 11:16, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
> I've encountered a bit of a snag, primarily due to fact that I was used to
> using Kdevelop 2.0 and have only today taken a plunge into 3.0.
A common problem of 2.x users ;)

> When I add a class in project menu, declare its parameters and everything,
> the files appear in the proper directory, but do not get built. .h file is
> added to the NOINST list which I am not sure what it stands for (I would
> appreciate explanation of this one :-), but even when it is removed it
> makes no difference.
noinst_HEADERS means that the header is a header file in project but it is not
installed into the system when you run "make install".

> Any ideas as to how can
> I add a class properly?
You should have a corresponding .cpp file in your active target. If you
created the project with KDevelop application wizard, you already have
such target in "src" subproject which has the same name as your project.
If such .cpp is added you should have your new class compiled.

Sample layout of targets in automake manager for "test" project:

 + Header in noinst
	myclass.h
 + test (Program in bin)
	myclass.cpp
	main.cpp

With this layout test program should compile fine.

--
Alexander Dymo
ICST Department, National University of Shipbuilding, Mykolayiv, Ukraine