how to rebuild an application

Alexander Dymo adymo at mksat.net
Mon Jul 12 19:42:24 BST 2004

On Monday 12 July 2004 19:49, joseos at okstate.edu wrote:
> Hi, I noticed that when we integrate kdevelop with qt, each time we make a
> change in the ui.h file kdevelop does not acknoledges this change and it
> does not rebuild the project.  I remmeber that in kdevelop 2.1 there was a
> rebuild button, however in the 3.x there is no rebuild all button.  Is
> there a way to do it.
To rebuild use Build->Clean then Build->Build menus.

PS: DO NOT USE UI.H. It's a bad design and error-prone implementation.
Instead, use subclassing approach and always create subclasses for
forms you create with QtDesigner. KDevelop has nice support for subclassing.
Take a look at http://women.kde.org/articles/tutorials/kdevelop3/ for an
explanation.
Also look at $QTDIR/doc/html/designer-manual-6.html

PPS: subclassing will of course solve your problems with rebuilding ;)

--
Alexander Dymo
ICST Department, National University of Shipbuilding, Mykolayiv, Ukraine