Renaming subprojects

Paul Fotheringham kdevelop at fotheringham.ukfsn.org
Tue Jul 6 21:49:44 BST 2004

Hi there,

I've been getting to grips with Kdevelop for two weeks now and I think it's
great. I do however have a couple of questions some of which may have been
asked before. I checked the archives but couldn't find answers there.

My first question is about renaming subprojects within the Automake Manager.
Can it be done? There doesn't seem to be an option in the context menu.

The reason I think it would be useful is that the src subproject that is
created by default has, IMHO, a really awful name. It seems counter-intuitive
to have a debug/src folder after building which contains objects and not,
well, source :).

The first thing I always do is delete src and add in a subproject with a more
meaningful name but it would obviously be great to be able to just rename it
from the AM.

Anyway, that's all for just now. I have more questions but I'll send separate
emails.

Paul.