Don't hurry to upgrade was Re: unix style end of lines

david stevenson david at avoncliff.com
Thu Jan 22 12:03:32 GMT 2004

>   Really, the autotools hell should somehow be evaded. I work on some
> serious projects

Firstly thanks to all the developers for a fine job.
Then a wish list item.
I would like to see all the automatic tools optional.
That is is should be simple to create a project and edit the source and run
the compiler without any added intelligence from kdevelop.
Then any number of automatic options can be added for any environment as
required.
I have need for tools for assembler projects on non linux targets, C projects
on dos, and linux projects.

This may be a documentation request, as belive most of the automatic functions
can be turned off, but I am not sure how.

I hope this is a constructive request.
David