Don't hurry to upgrade was Re: unix style end of lines

Alexander Dymo cloudtemple at mksat.net
Wed Jan 21 22:47:38 GMT 2004

On Thursday 22 January 2004 09:06, you wrote:
>  I don't like kdevelop 3 because:
>  - auto.... stuff is good for a release version but not for development.
> Check for configuration 100 times when it will be needed only once at the
> end of the project.
There is nothing we can do :( Autoconf was designed with the only
"release" in mind.

> debugger problems caused by libtool or shared
> libraries. I didn't found a good solution yet, just a lot of workarounds.
> By the way what is libtool? :)
You can clear the debugging shell in project options. Btw, info:/libtool.

> - creating a subproject for every subfolder
> and repeating setting your configuration again and again is boring

There is a possibility to avoid using autotools at all. You can use QMake
manager which is simple and powerfull enough even for big projects.
You can check QMake c++ project templates.
QMake has an option to include files with relative names to the subproject
(this lets you to not create subprojects, but only dirs),
inheriting subproject configurations and it does not require to rerun
configure for 100 times. Notice that it can be used not only to build
Qt apps but also any applications you want.

>  I wish it had:
>  - refactoring options like renaming a class, move to another directory
TODO :)
>  - a plugin for a profiler
At this time you can check out KCachegrind. It is great!

--
Alexander Dymo
Ukrainian State Maritime Technical University, ICST Department