Challenge for a knowledgeabl KDevelop veteran

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Mon Feb 23 23:09:34 GMT 2004

On Monday 23 February 2004 04:56 pm, Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> Pull Xerces-c++ into KDevelop:
> http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/index.html
> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic login
> [password is anoncvs]
>
> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic co xml-xerces/c

[snip]
> Or even easier (I think) pull the samples into KDevelop.
>
> STH

I think I have a way to get the samples to act like a project.  Any pointers
on how to make it less dependent on external settings would be appreciated.

cd <wherever/xml-xerces/c>

create a file called set-env.sh and add this to it:
XERCESCROOT=<wherever>/xml-xerces/c
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<wherever>/xml-xerces/c/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
PATH=<wherever>xml-xerces/c/bin:$PATH
######## EOF ########
Source that file
. set-env.sh

cd samples and create a file called my-config.sh and add this to it:

export THREADS="pthread"
export BITSTOBUILD="32"
export CC="gcc"
export CXX="g++"
export CXXFLAGS=" -w -O\
 -DPROJ_XMLPARSER\
 -DPROJ_XMLUTIL\
 -DPROJ_PARSERS\
 -DPROJ_SAX4C\
 -DPROJ_SAX2\
 -DPROJ_DOM\
 -DPROJ_VALIDATORS\
 -DXML_USE_NATIVE_TRANSCODER\
 -DXML_USE_INMEM_MESSAGELOADER\
 -DXML_USE_PTHREADS\
 -DXML_USE_NETACCESSOR_SOCKET\
 -w\
 -O\
 -DXML_USE_PTHREADS "
export CFLAGS=" -w\
 -O\
 -DPROJ_XMLPARSER\
 -DPROJ_XMLUTIL\
 -DPROJ_PARSERS\
 -DPROJ_SAX4C\
 -DPROJ_SAX2\
 -DPROJ_DOM\
 -DPROJ_VALIDATORS\
 -DXML_USE_NATIVE_TRANSCODER\
 -DXML_USE_INMEM_MESSAGELOADER\
 -DXML_USE_PTHREADS\
 -DXML_USE_NETACCESSOR_SOCKET\
 -w\
 -O\
 -DXML_USE_PTHREADS "
export LDFLAGS=" "
export EXTRA_LIBS=" -lpthread"

Then from the same shell instance run kdevelop and Project->Import Existing
Project.  Point the file browser to the samples directory, and call the
project XSamples.  Chose "Generic C++ Application (Custom Makefiles)"

I haven't tried to rebuild after a distclean yet, but make succeeded from
within kdevelop, and I can see the classes in the class browser.

STH