Python projects - How to add a file?

Stefano Rosanelli stefano.rosanelli at tin.it
Mon Feb 9 12:20:15 GMT 2004

Alle 17:41, venerdì 6 febbraio 2004, hai scritto:
> No.    The .py files already exist.    I want to add files, not create a
> file.
> It seems really silly to have to:
>     mv file.py    file.py.old
>     // Add a new file.py to my project
>     mv file.py.old   file.py

You are right.
Here a simple workaround: python projects default setting is to consider all
.py files under the principal tree as part of the project; so simply
reopening the project when .py files are present should do the trick.

> Would it be so difficult to have a Project  menu item "Add file to
> project"?   Then it would be the same for all languages.

I guess you are right; you could submit a bug/feature request or even better a
patch.
[I'm not part of the developer team so their opinions are welcome]

Stefano