Debugging subprojects

Jens Dagerbo jens.dagerbo at swipnet.se
Wed Apr 28 13:49:04 BST 2004

On Tuesday 27 April 2004 21:59, Israel Fdez Cabrera wrote:
> Hi all
> I'm using KDevelop 3.0.2 in KDE 3.2.0 to build a proyect having a lot of
> executables. I organize them in subproyects to make deplyment easier via
> RPM.
> The problem is that I can't debug executables attached as subproyects,
> I've search in the Proyect Options and in the KDevelop's main
> configuration setting but no success.
> I'll appretiate any help, thanx in advance...
> Israel

It's simple, but non-obvious.

1. Make sure Project Options -> Run Options has no Main Program set.
2. Mark the subproject's executable target as "active" (rightclick the target
-> set as active)

If there is no specified main program, both program execution and debugging
will use the active target.

jd