Default settings qmake project

Oliver Eichler oliver.eichler at dspsolutions.de
Wed Apr 28 08:49:54 BST 2004

Hi,

I just wonder wether it is possible to edit default settings for a qmake
project. For example I always use './.tmp' for intermediate files. I always
have '../../include' as local include path and so on.

What about a tool button to raise a default qmake settings dialog. This will
be the same like the normal dialog, except all widgets not in scope for
default settings are disabled. On ok the result will be stored in static
variables and persistently in some config file. Those are used as default
values on a new project/subproject.

Another solution might be to provide a *.pro template.

In general I think it would be a good idea to preselect the project type upon
creation. Thus when you add the path for a subproject you can select app, lib
or subdir (by radio buttons). The default settings are grouped into those
three categories. Thus the target path for app would be '../../bin' and for a
library '../../lib'. Using the template solution you have three templates for
each type.

This would make using qmake project a real joy :)

Oliver

--
Ingenieure Kellermann, Voigt, Hoepfl, Eichler und Weidner, Partnerschaft

DSP Solutions                                 http://www.dspsolutions.de