kdevelop 3.0.2 startup error

Jiann-Ming Su jsu2 at emory.edu
Wed Apr 7 20:20:23 BST 2004

When I try to run my newly built kdevelop 3.0.2, I get the following error:

  $ kdevelop
  _kde_IceTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root
  QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
  QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
  QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
  QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
  kbuildsycoca running...
  KCrash: Application 'kbuildsycoca' crashing...
  drkonqi: Unknown option '--startupid'.
  drkonqi: Use --help to get a list of available command line options.
  kdeinit: Shutting down running client.
  Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
  KCrash: Application 'kdevelop' crashing...
  drkonqi: Unknown option '--startupid'.
  drkonqi: Use --help to get a list of available command line options.
  [jsu2 at zenodotus jsu2]$ ---------------------------------
  It looks like dcopserver is already running. If you are sure
  that it is not already running, remove /home/jsu2/.DCOPserver_zenodotus.library.emory.edu_localhost_13
  and start dcopserver again.
  ---------------------------------

  QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
  QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
  KDE Daemon (kded) already running.

The above happens on both i386 and alpha running RedHat 7.x.  Here's my system
info:

  # kde-config --version
  Qt: 3.3.1
  KDE: 3.2.1
  kde-config: 1.0

  # gcc --version
  gcc (GCC) 3.3.3

  # perl --version

  This is perl, v5.8.0 built for i386-linux-thread-multi

  # autoconf --version
  autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.57

  # automake --version
  automake (GNU automake) 1.6.3

  # flex --version
  flex version 2.5.4

I have db2, db3, and db4 installed, so between those, configure probably
picked the right one.  Also, kdelibs was built with automake 1.4.  I
installed automake 1.6 to build kdevelop.  I was able to build kdevelop
with automake 1.4 as well.  But, they both crashed.  Here's my how I
configured kdevelop:

  ./configure --prefix=/opt/kde --without-arts --disable-debug

I compiled kdelibs and kdevelop on my debian system as well, and kdevelop runs
without any problems.  Other than the debian systems having more newer bits
than the RedHat systems, I'm not sure what I did differently.  Thanks for
any tips.

--
Jiann-Ming Su  jsu2 at emory.edu  404-712-2603
Development Team Systems Administrator