using header files located in other directories

Jose Sanchez joseos at okstate.edu
Fri Apr 2 16:06:58 BST 2004

>And there's no "QMake manager" in the 2.1 series :)
>
>Anyway, what you need to do is add the appropriate include path. Go to
>Project -> Options... and click on the "Compiler Options" icon. Select
>the "Flags and Warnings" tab, and add -I/your/include/path in "C++
>compiler flags (CXXFLAGS)". "/your/include/path" needs to be a real path
>of course :) Reconfigure and off you go.
>
>If you need to link with libraries not in any of the locations in
>/etc/ld.so.conf then you need to add -L/your/library/path in the "Linker
>Flags" tab, and then add the appropriate -l stuff in "Linker Options ->
>additional libraries".
>
>If you can though, I'd advise you to install KDevelop 3.0.2 and learn
>that instead - the 2.1 series is no longer supported, and a lot has
>changed between 2.1 and 3.0. In the long run you'd be better off
>starting your project in KDevelop 3
>

>Cheers,
>--
>Tarjei

Thanks it worked fine.  We have considered changing or upgrading to
Kdevelop3 however if we want to do so we have to uninstall all KDE and
then upgrade everything to KDE 3.2.  And I am not an expert and we are
now working with many important stuff in our computer and I don't want
to damage anything.  Probably I will wait until SUSE releases the 9.1
version which already has KDE 3.2 and Kdevelop 3.

Anyway thanks

Jose