Configuring the linker options in kdeveloip

Geoffrey Huang ghuang at offramp.org
Wed Sep 24 18:59:47 BST 2003

Hi there,

I have a question about configuring the linker with kdevelop.  I currently have
a child subdirectory, and kdevelop has defaulted to making a libchild.a library
from the source files there.  However, libchild.a needs a symbol from the parent
directory, and as such, the link is failing.  So here's some questions:

1) How do I tell kdevelop to allow libchild.a to look in the parent for symbols
2) Why does kdevelop default to creating .a files per directory?

Thanks,
-g