dcopidlng

Sascha Cunz Lists at SaCu.DE
Tue Oct 21 00:58:00 BST 2003

Hi
> -- checking for dcopidlng... not found
> configure: error: The important program dcopidlng was not found!
> Please check whether you installed KDE correctly.

This is due to a recent commit in the kde-common part of the source tree.

> I just installed KDE 3.1.4-0.9x.1 on a RH9 system; but
> `dcopidlng` is not part of the install.
> Does the newest version of kdevelop assume using
> KDE 3.2 alpha? Is there a way around this? Is it possible
> to just add the needed binary?

Download Version 2.415 of acinclude.m4.in and Version 1.403 of am_edit from
this location:

http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/kde-common/admin/acinclude.m4.in?rev=2.415&content-type=text/plain
http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/kde-common/admin/am_edit?rev=1.403&content-type=text/plain

put those two files into the admin directory of your KDevelop-Checkout.
Then you need to do again:
  make -f Makefile.cvs
now, configure should run through

Sascha