cannot run gideon

sting sting zstingx at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 13 08:38:33 BST 2003

Hello,
I had build GIDEON on RH9;
I had perofrmed ./configure, make , and make install successfully.

I hav a problem :I had tried to run kdevelop ; and I get
thr following pop up message:
"Unable to find plugins, KDEVELOP won't work properly!
Please make sure that kdevelop is installed in your KDE directory,
otherwise you have to add KDEVELOP's  installation path to the environment
variable KDEDIRS and run kbuildscoca .
Restat kdevelop afterwards"

So .,I tried to add pathOfOfKevelopInstallaton/src to KDEDIRS (which
was with no value)  and run kbuildscoca;
it gave a Warning: kbuildsycoca is unable to register with DCOP.
and , running kdevelop gave the same warning ; and when I press OK,
appears KDEVELOP menu withoout most of the options in a regular kdevelop
GUI.  So  , in fact, I am not able to use KDEVELOP .

(I want to empasize that the vale of KDEDIRS  is
only the path to  kdevelop-031012/src and nothing more , and
maybe this is the problem ?
Does anybody know ?
regards,
sting