RH paths and Gideon ?

William G. Lea wglea1 at swbell.net
Thu Oct 2 21:21:07 BST 2003

Well, maybe I can help you a bit.

I think you're using the wrong locations in the environment.

On my system I have put the cvs output in:
/usr/local/src/ProgDev/kde3src

I therefore set KDEDIR to /usr/local/src/ProgDev/kde3src/kdevelop

Now I don't think QT-3.1 ships with RH9, at least I had to install it.
I set my QTDIR to:  /usr/lib/qt-3.1

The LD_LIBRARY_PATH was (on MY SYSTEM) initially undefined so I had to
add the other Library paths explicitly to the end of the thing as:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$KDEDIR/lib:/lib:/usr/lib

Now looking at the kdevelop directory I found that there was no bin
directory so I created one and then

export $PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH

Now if you are missing some files in the qt-3.1 directory structure I'd
say reinstall it.

This works for me on my RH-9 system.  I believe you are pointing the
KDEDIR to the wrong location and everything goes south from there....

Hope this helps.
Bill Lea