KDEvelop 2.1.x crashes upon file openig in updated SuSE 8.1

Wolfram Brenig w.brenig at tu-bs.de
Wed Oct 1 11:06:44 BST 2003

Hi,

I've been using KDEvelop 2.1.3 with no problems on a SuSE 8.1 box
since quite a while.
Recently, I have automatically patched/updated my distro, using
SuSE's YOU. So, it is *not* upgraded, i.e. its still 8.1.

After that KDEvelop turned out to be *unable to load existing files*
into a project. When I try, it just hangs - with no error msg.
With 'top' I can see is, that after such unsucessful attempts to load a
file the process 'kdevelop' is using 99.9% of the cpu, and it is not
responding to any input while the rest of the my desktop almost freezes.

So, prior to bothering all of you gurus here I removed the 2.1.3 version
from the SuSE 8.1 distro and got me a fresh v 2.1.5 from the KDE_3_0_BRANCH
on the repository. Compilation was a breeze, ( even for me :-) ).
Sad enough however, the problem remains !?!

Finally I checked with several other machines we have here and
found out that this problem is not bound to a single machine.
I have it on all of those which are running an udated SuSE 8.1 distro.

Now, I'm stuck - and any of your help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Wolfram