KDevelop 3 and KDE CVS Repository

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Fri Nov 21 04:09:37 GMT 2003

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:25:50 +0200 (EET)
<cloudtemple at mksat.net> wrote:

> For example, to work on Kugar (the part of KOffice) I do
> cd /develop/kde
> cvs co -l koffice
> cvs co koffice/doc
> cvs co koffice/libs
> cvs co koffice/mimetypes
> cvs co koffice/kugar
>
> The same way is to checkout all KOffice like:
> cd /develop/kde
> cvs co -l koffice
>
> Then I open KDevelop and import /develop/kde/koffice dir or simply
> /develop/kde/koffice/kugar.
>
> Let's imagine I need to add an application to KOffice, say myapp.
> Then I'd do:
> cd /develop/kde
> cvs co -l koffice		(or only necessary dirs)
> open KDevelop
> import /develop/kde/koffice dir
> go to automake manager and add subproject called "myapp"
> go to doc subproject and add a "myapp" subproject there
> then simply click build everything or only "myapp subproject"

I cannot seem to get the "Add existing subprojects..." option to work in
Automake Manager.  I do the following:

cvs co -l kdenonbeta
cvs co kdenonbeta/applets
cvs do kdenonbeta/doc
cd kdenonbeta
ln -s ../kde-common/admin admin
make -f Makefile.cvs

I start KDevelop (version 3.0.0a7 Using KDE 3.1.92 (CVS -> 20031019))
and import dir kdenonbeta as "KDE C++ Project (automake based)".  It
automatically adds all the applets and doc subprojects except for
kdenonbeta/applets/kclipspellapplet because
kdenonbeta/applets/Makefile.am does not list kclipspell applet as a
subdir.  This is all what I expected.  But in Automake Manager, I now
right-click on applets and select "Add existing subprojects".  I drag
kclipspellapplet from the top panel to the bottom panel and nothing
happens.  I try to click on kclipspellapplet and click "Add Selected"
and nothing happens.  There is a Makefile.am in kclipspellapplet dir.

Next I try removing subproject kdoomload.  KDevelop warns me this cannot
be undone but I click OK, leaving "delete files on disk" unchecked.  Now
I can't add kdoomload as a subproject either.

Is this a known problem?  What am I doing wrong?  I searched
bugs.kde.org, kdevelop.org forums, and this mailing list, but not
mentioned.