KDevelop 3 and KDE CVS Repository

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Fri Nov 21 01:16:02 GMT 2003

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 11:01:23 +0100
Jens Dagerbo <jens.dagerbo at swipnet.se> wrote:

> On Thursday 20 November 2003 03.38, Gary Cramblitt wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > I like your approach because it separates the CVS stuff from KDevelop
> > stuff without having to repeatedly figure out what to copy back and
> > forth.  What do others think?
>
> I much prefer what you outline in the wiki document. I can't see any point (or
> need) for not developing with KDevelop in your local copy of the CVS
> repository. What's the reason for wanting this? It seems to me to be asking
> for trouble. :)
>
> When you, after developing with a KDevelop generated project locally, get to
> put the project into CVS - add what you think you should to CVS and then
> check it out again to a _new location_ on your disk.
>
> Then use this new location for continued development.
>
> This way you know that your project structure is exactly the same as what
> other potential project members will have when they check it out.

After thinking on it some more, I agree. And your suggestion of just
checking out a second copy would work just fine for the paranoid.

> (Btw, I haven't been able to register with the wiki yet. There are some minor
> details I'd like to add, but it appears the "registration code" feature is
> busted..)

Try e-mailing the admin.  I've notice a number of bugs on the website.
For instance, when I log in, I get a 404 page.  I hit back button and
I'm logged in.  Strange.  I also think they're in the middle of moving
to a better host.