ANSI-standard C++ compiler

Paul Redmond P.Redmond at hw.ac.uk
Thu Nov 20 16:18:59 GMT 2003

I just would just point out that gcc or g++ running on a Linux box (and
invoked by Kdev) will produce a binary for Linux.

This binary will not execute under MDOS.

However there is nothing to stop you using Kdevelop to create a well
written and portable terminal application. You would then recompile your
source code using the environment that will probably be described to you
at the start of your course.

Additionally there are ways to set up cross-compilation (creating a
binary executable to run on a foreign system). You can bear this in mind
and investigate if you find you have time to kill.

Best of luck,
Paul.