KDevelop 3 and KDE CVS Repository

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Thu Nov 20 02:38:18 GMT 2003

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:05:38 +1100
"Ian Wadham" <ianw at netspace.net.au> wrote:

> Well, Gary, I was not as lucky as you (getting help beforehand) when
> I committed KGoldrunner to kdenonbeta a few months ago.  Naively,
> I got KDevelop to make me a tarball then committed all the files in
> the tarball!  It seemed like a good idea at the time, but several CVS
> administrators swooped on me from a great height!

Actually, I have already (incorrectly) committed KClipSpellApplet and
I'm going to have to redo it, once I am confident what the *correct* way
is. :-)

> I'm replying to both of your threads here.  I think there is a simpler
> way to do what you are proposing in your wiki document and also deal
> with other issues, such as documentation.  I don't know if my way is
> best though.  It was worked out by trial and error (with a lot of error).

I like your approach because it separates the CVS stuff from KDevelop
stuff without having to repeatedly figure out what to copy back and
forth.  What do others think?

> I'm still not sure how KDevelop's support of CVS can (does?) fit in
> with KDE online CVS.  I guess neither of us is using KDevelop's
> CVS features.

I don't have the courage to try it.

> All the best, Ian W.

Thanks so much for the input.