Getting perl support back in Kdevelop

luc willems Willems.luc at pandora.be
Wed Nov 5 17:21:26 GMT 2003

	hello All ,

it has been a while since i could work on perl support ,but now i 'm back
online and can bring perl support back in kdevelop

In the time i was out  a lot has changed, and because of this perl is out
 :-(  because it uses the old sourceinfo instead of the new classModel

I have prepared some new code that converts the old sourceinfo into the
classModel.

But before i commit the changes and enable perl again , i need some feedback
concerning the new classModel viewer.

The "Old" viewer had some subfolders for  global scripts, global variables ,
namespaces and so one.

The new classviewer doesn't have this . it only allows visualization of
	- classes
	- namespaces
	- directory structures

Because of that i need to put different things like scripts , packages,..
into a namespace class and show it as namespace (using the {} icon).

Is it possible to extend the codeModel to included  classes for
	- scripts
	- packages

basicly the are namespaces but would require different handling like other
icons in the viewer and mauby different context menus.

Other languages could also use them to visualize there source information.

	luc

--
Willems Luc
Email : willems.luc (at) pandora.be

 We the unwilling,
 led by the unknowing,
 are doing the impossible
 for the ungrateful.
 We have done so much for so long with so little
 We are now qualified to do anything with nothing

see http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2003/07/16/soto2003.html?page=1