Unable to use developement toolss....

WiggTekMicro Corp wiggtekmicro at comcast.net
Wed Nov 5 01:39:45 GMT 2003

Thanks for all of the updates.  I am a bit more at ease about our Linux
movement....   However, I just wanted to know if anyone knows why Red
Hat is so dis-functional, and yet, it is still advertised by everyone in
media, and otherwise, as the most widely ported distribution.  I was
reading in the Kdevelope list, that Red Hat Linux 9 even ships with a
non-working version of Kdevelope.  Is is because they are trying to
replace Windows on the server, and general desktop, and forgetting about
developers, or what?  I did have an idea, while sitting on hold with Red
Hat Sales for more than twenty minutes, was that they are doing the
Microsoft method of shipping crapola versions, so that you have to call
them form support.  However, I have no experience with their Enterprise
Linux distributions, and hope that those things actually work.

Does anyone have any further input about this stuff?

The current consensus is that Suse and Mandrake would be a good match
for the developement of Kdevelop environments.

--
Sincerely,

Martes G Wigglesworth