configure doesn't find Berkeley DB

Benjamin Burkhart burkhart at fh-konstanz.de
Fri May 23 12:54:33 BST 2003

Am Freitag, 23. Mai 2003 10:37 schrieb Julian Rockey:
> This should work OK, as I changed it I while back to work with 4.1 (and it
> works for me here). What the does relevant part of config.log say when the
> configure fails? If could can find the right bit and post it (or email the
> whole thing directly to me) I might be able to help.
> cheers
> Julian

Hi Julian,
here is config.log: http://www.b-burkhart.de/config.log ... at first it said
"can't find -ldb" but a line in /etc/ld.so.conf and a ldconfig run fixed
that. The important part starts in line 1704.
If I leave "#include <db.h>" in configure:33689 it doesn't find db.h, if I put
"#include "/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include/db.h"" it says "In function `int
main()': cannot convert `DBTYPE' to `const char*' in argument passing". Same
if I put the test program into an extra file and try to compile that.

Any further ideas? Thanks ...
Benjamin Burkhart

--
Benjamin Burkhart