Fwd: Re: [SLE] Any Good C/C++ online references?

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Wed Mar 26 05:56:42 GMT 2003

Subject: Re: [SLE] Any Good C/C++ online references?
Date: Tuesday 25 March 2003 01:03 pm
From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons at speakeasy.net>
To: suse-linux-e at suse.com

On Tuesday 25 March 2003 12:17 pm, Magnus Hagebris wrote:
> Don't forget Bruce Eckel C++ guide (and JAVA).
> Downloadable at http://www.mindview.net/Books (http://www.bruceeckel.com
> didn't work anymore ...)
>
> Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> > I'm not even sure what I have on my hard drive.  It seems I've broken the
> > help indexer, so perhaps what I'm seeking is right here, and I just can't
> > get at it. I'm looking for a good online reference for C/C++.  I haven't
> > written in these languages for years, and I was never fluent.  Does
> > anybody know of a good online reference for these?  Are any included with
> > SuSE 8.1?
> >
> > I can't get the C/C++ documentation working for KDevelop 2.1.5 either, so
> > if your answere is there, then please let me know how to get it set up.
> >
> > STH

Here's the trick.  ./configure --prefix=/opt/kde3
make
as root
make install
cd /opt/kde3/share/doc/HTML/en/kdevelop/reference/C/
rm index.html
(look at it first, you might have something different than I had)

ln -s master_index.html index.html
http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/opsys/linux/gentoo/distfiles/c_cpp_reference-2.0.2_for
_KDE_3.0.tar.bz2

As for indexing the files, I haven't got that one going.  I have discovered
that SuSE used to provide a kdev_htdig.rpm with a htdig.conf.  After I get
some sleep, I may take a look at that.  It's really quite say that a person
would give so much of his own time and effor to provide that wonderful
documentation, and then have it go unused because the configuration is
broken.

STH