gideon install problem

Harald Nikolisin hochglanz at t-online.de
Wed Mar 19 23:21:34 GMT 2003

hi

unfortunately I can't install kdevelop-a3 (well, I'm a beginner with
kdevelop). yet the "configure --prefix=/opt/kde3" process terminate with..

-----------
checking for KDE... configure: error:
I can't find the designer plugins. These are required and should have been
installed by kdelibs
-----------

that's right, in the directory "/opt/kde3/lib/kde3/plugins/" aren't a subdir
called "designer". I have no idea where are the source of that. the kdelibs
rpm packet (for SuSE 8.0) at ftp.kde.org contain's only the subdir "styles"
in the plugin directory. the kdelibs-devel packet is also not sufficient.

creating a symlink to "/usr/lib/qt-3.0.5/plugins/designer" does also not help.
does anyone have had the same problems?

harald

--
Microsoft is not the answer, it's the question.
And the answer is no.