Piping compiler output to a script

falk.brettschneider at gmx.de falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Fri Mar 7 14:28:10 GMT 2003

> Is KDevelop 3.0
> the trunk in CVS
cvs HEAD

+
> As far as I can understand compiler errors should be sent through
> STLfilt (if the user wants to), before being sent to the Messages
> output. Would that be the correct approach?
KDevelop internally filters the gcc output through several QRegExp's before
the text comes out of the output view. For instance it colours the error
messages red.

I just mean you shouldn't use STLfilt but wrote additional Qt regular
expression for STL gcc-error-messages. Those must be added in
parts/outputviews/makeview.*
But of course you can see how STLfilt works to do the same in our QRegExp.

Anyway it's a good idea to beautify the gcc output ;-)

Ciao
F at lk