kdevelop3.0a3 compile problems - resolved (not for me!)

Tarjei Knapstad tarjeik at chemcon.no
Fri Mar 7 08:49:10 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 05:43, J. Scott Amort wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 10:28, Tarjei Knapstad wrote:
> > You with Phoebe (sorry, forgot your name):
> > Jump into /usr/lib/kde3/plugins/designer/ and type 'ldd kdewidgets.so'
> > Check that libqt-mt.so.3 points to the redhat distribution qt libs
> > (/usr/lib/...) and not the ones you have in /usr/local. On RedHat 8.0
> > there should be a line looking something like:
> >
> > libqt-mt.so.3 => /usr/lib/qt3-gcc3.2/lib/libqt-mt.so.3 (0x4067a000)
>
> Thanks, I checked this and it does point to my /usr/local version of Qt,
> but I've modified the /usr/lib/qt (as well as qt-3.1 and qt-3.1.1) to
> point to this /usr/local version.  The rpm version shouldn't really
> conflict anymore, should it?

The conflict or error is that all the KDE packages in your linux
distribution has been compiled and dynamically linked against the redhat
Qt package, but now the dynamic kdelibs and binaries are linked against
your modified/self compiled Qt version in /usr/local which seems to be
causing trouble (at least in my case, but I probably have more
incompatible Qt versions than you as I'm running RedHat 8 which still
has 3.0.5 - the beta is probably more up to date).

What happens if you change the /usr/lib/qt symlink back to the RedHat qt
libs and make sure that the dynamic kde libraries and plugins are linked
against those qt libraries?

--
Tarjei