Piping compiler output to a script

Tarjei Knapstad tarjeik at chemcon.no
Fri Mar 7 08:42:23 GMT 2003

Maybe a bit off topic but anyhow:

I just had a look at STLFilt today
(http://www.bdsoft.com/tools/stlfilt.html) which is a Perl script that
greatly simplifies the sometimes insane output from gcc when template
stuff goes wrong, and I thought I'd make a stab at integrating it into
my KDevelop project.

It seems to me that what I basically have to do is parse the compiler
output to a Perl script (the perl script needs a few command line
options as well).

Does anyone know how I could possibly do this by modifying the
configure/automake stuff in my KDevelop project? (or possibly directly
in KDevelop?)

I'm using 2.1.4 by the way. It would be a great feature if this is/will
be possible in KDevelop 3 (i.e. piping compiler output to whatever
script/file), as it could also be used to make build logs and the like.

Thanks,
--
Tarjei