kdevelop3.0a3 compile problems - resolved

Tarjei Knapstad tarjeik at chemcon.no
Tue Mar 4 18:28:26 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 18:18, Caleb Tennis wrote:

> > configure:23273: /usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic -L /usr/lib/kde3/plugins/designer
> > -nounloa
> > d -impl actest.h actest.ui > actest.cpp
> > configure:23276: $? = 0
> > configure:23291: error: not found - you need to install kdelibs first.
>
> Here's the actest.ui:
>
> <!DOCTYPE UI><UI version="3.0" stdsetdef="1">
> <class>Blah</class>
> <widget class="QDialog">
>    <widget class="KLineEdit">
>       <property name="name">
>          <cstring>testInput</cstring>
>       </property>
>    </widget>
> </widget>
> </UI>
>
> Try running the above command on that and seeing if it generates an actest.cpp
> that contains a "KLineEdit".

I tried that allready, and no it doesn't, but now I know why :)

> My hunch here is that the environment under which ./configure is being run
> doesn't have QTDIR (or another variable) set correctly, even though it's
> finding uic and the plugins directory.

Ack.. I had a later version of Qt in /usr/local that was causing
trouble. It had snuck into /etc/ld.so.conf above the redhat Qt
libraries. QTDIR was set correctly though. Didn't show up until now when
I tried to use a dynamic KDE library which of course got confused and
thought it needed the /usr/local Qt lib instead of the RedHat supplied
one...

I'm surprised this hasn't caused me more trouble over the past few days.
I guess it proves that Qt 3.1.2 and Qt 3.0.5 are _almost_ binary
compatible :)

You with Phoebe (sorry, forgot your name):
Jump into /usr/lib/kde3/plugins/designer/ and type 'ldd kdewidgets.so'
Check that libqt-mt.so.3 points to the redhat distribution qt libs
(/usr/lib/...) and not the ones you have in /usr/local. On RedHat 8.0
there should be a line looking something like:

libqt-mt.so.3 => /usr/lib/qt3-gcc3.2/lib/libqt-mt.so.3 (0x4067a000)

(memory address may differ of course).

Regards,
--
Tarjei