Kdevelop : cannot find -lart_lgpl_2

Eggert Ehmke eggert.ehmke at berlin.de
Sat Mar 1 23:29:50 GMT 2003

Am Samstag, 1. März 2003 23:36 schrieben Sie:
> I just started Kdevelop 2.1.3 (KDE 3.1) for the first time and made a
> new project using the "KDE Normal" template. Didn't make any other
> changes, just told it to Execute. The make failed because of the linker
> that can't find art_lgpl_2 although it is in fact installed on my
> system. The only thing I can see is that the library is istalled in
> /usr/lib while that folder doesn't seem to appear in the list of folders
> the linker uses.

I had a similar problem last time. KDevelop needs the static version of that
library, that is contained in the libart-devel package. In case of SuSE, it
turned out that I had an old version of the lib which did not contain that
file.

Hope that helps ..
eggert