debugging with gideon

Harald Fernengel harry at kdevelop.org
Sat Jun 28 15:09:16 BST 2003

Hi,

On Friday 27 June 2003 18:07, you wrote:
> I am currently try to switch from kdevelop 2.1.5 to gideon. But I have
> trouble debugging a simple C-Project. No matter if I set a breakpoint, when
> I try to debug gideon does never stop at a breakpoint!
> Maybe I made a common mistake but gideon is very different from kdevelop 8(
>
> Im using gdb 5.3, gcc 3.3 kde 3.1.2 together with the latest gideon cvs.

gdb has hube problems if the project is compiled with optimizations. If you
use the auto* tools, use "--enable-debug=full" when configuring and make sure
that "-g" is passed as compiler flag (switch to full compiler output).

Also make sure that there is no "-O2" set, because the compiler optimizations
will totally confuse gdb.

Best regards,
Harald