debugging with gideon

Dieter Mummenschanz dmummenschanz at gmx.net
Fri Jun 27 18:25:12 BST 2003

> I have the same problem.
> Debugging from the GUI is impossible and that is one of the most important
>
> things about an Integrated Development Environment in my opinion.
>
> Are there any secrets to getting the debugging to work from within Gideon?
>
> Thanks
> Paul
> OS : Mandrake 9.1

100 % ACK with that.
My console output shows the following:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
kdevelop (debugger): Debugger state: A:
kdevelop (debugger):
kdevelop (debugger): Parsed (sh.lib) <Stopped due to shared library event>
gideon: BookmarksPart::marksChanged()
gideon: found a MarkInterface
gideon: No bookmarks in /tmp/test1/src/test1.c - Deleting
gideon: BookmarksPart::marksChanged()
gideon: found a MarkInterface
gideon: No bookmarks in /tmp/test1/src/test1.c - Deleting
kdevelop (debugger): STDERR: No source file named test1.c.
*
kdevelop (debugger): Debugger state: A:
kdevelop (debugger):
kdevelop (debugger): Parsed (exit) <Program exited normally.>
kdevelop (debugger): <quit wait>
kdevelop (debugger): Debugger state:  :
kdevelop (debugger):    Debugger stopped
gideon: BookmarksPart::marksChanged()
gideon: found a MarkInterface
gideon: No bookmarks in /tmp/test1/src/test1.c - Deleting
gideon: BookmarksPart::marksChanged()
gideon: found a MarkInterface
gideon: No bookmarks in /tmp/test1/src/test1.c - Deleting
kdevelop (debugger): Disassemble widget active: false
kdevelop (debugger): Debugger state: E:
kdevelop (debugger):    Program exited normally.
kdevelop (debugger): Timer
aborted
regards,
Dieter