CVS compile error - further info

Andreas Nicolai Andreas.Nicolai at gmx.net
Fri Jun 27 08:36:57 BST 2003

Hi again...

To me this seems to be a problem with the data base lib (wrong version, or
something like that?)

Anyway, the following call

if ((ret = dbp->open(
	dbp  BDB_OPEN_HACK, QFile::encodeName( indexName ).data(), 0, DB_BTREE,
	DB_CREATE, 0664)) != 0)

causes the problem because QFile::encodeName().data() returns a char* and the
open() function of the data base object (BerkeleyDB) requires

int  (*open) __P((DB *, DB_TXN *, const char *, const char *,
    DBTYPE, u_int32_t, int));

(defined in line 1187 in db.h)

the DB_TXN*, where the compiler starts to complain.

Strangely enough there is another function pointer declaration further up in
the db.h (in line 615)

int  (*open)__P((DB_MPOOLFILE *, const char *, u_int32_t, int, size_t));

which matches the parameter list...

So, what's going on here? Do I have a wrong version of the BerkeleyDB or do I
have to compile it with flags?

Any ideas are welcome...
Bye - Andreas