Copy project directory

Robert robertLinux at gmx.de
Fri Jun 20 04:03:31 BST 2003

Am Freitag, 20.06.03 um 04:04 Uhr schrieb Robert:

> I just see, that it is not possible to group files in distinct
> directories? Well, yes it is possible in Project->Add existing
> File(s)... with the proper pathToSourcefile==pathToDestinationfile
> setting. Funny. I opened test.cpp that way

> but then I cannot group my file in the IDE in the Groups view? Every
> .cpp is clashed into Sources, regardless from its origin?

Oh!OHHH!!! Wrong view, it is the files view and there I can have as
much subdirs as I need.

Fine. Fine? GREAT!!!

...but there is a funny behaviour when deleting files from the project
(and from disk).

Say I have a file main.cpp and it compiles and makes fine. I decide to
put a copy of the file away for backup purpose (on the desktop).

Then I errorenously typed some stupid code and my app doesn't mke
anymore.

I replace my file from the backup and then ... It didn' make too.
DistClean didn't help either.

I tried DistClean, Autoconf&automake, Clean, everything in the Project
menu. But copying the file into a different subfolder did bring the
solution. Funny.

That hassle about backup. Is it possible to use a different version
control system than cvs? I have subversion installed on a second server
and it works as command line tool. That would save me (most) of the
hassle.

Thank you for your valuable time and help
and please excuse typos, its 5 o'clock in the morning and I retire now!

Greetings,
Robert