Installation problem

Kalle Langore kallelangore at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 17 23:33:25 BST 2003

 --- Amit Upadhyay <upadhyay at me.iitb.ac.in> wrote: >
On Wednesday 18 Jun 2003 2:44 am, you wrote:
> > On Wednesday 18 June 2003 03:54, you wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am trying to install KDevelop on Mandrake 9.1.
> > > cannot find an RPM so I am trying to compile...
> >
> > I can't help you with the compile issue, apart
> from suggesting you need to
> > install some of the development rpm's for KDE
> maybe, but my advice is to go
> > with the Mandrake released rpm's.  The KDevelop
> rpm should be in your
> > Mandrake install cd set,
> kdevelop-2.1.15-3mdk.i586.rpm.
>
> Getting latest [gideon] mandrake rpm is difficult.
> The problems OP is facing
> is because he is using --prefix which doesnt point
> to the right KDE
> installation dir. If you have otherwise standard
> Mandrake system, try:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr

I really wanted to install to /opt but failing that I
have tried booth
./configure
and
./configure --prefix=/usr

The configuration runs without a hitchm but when I run
make booth I end up with the error:
/usr/lib/libfam.la: No such file or directory
What is libfam.la for?

Just to be sure that my installation wasn't corrupt in
any way I formated and reinstalled everything on the
/usr partition (I have /usr on a separta partition),
but I still end up with the same error.
Any ideas are welcome.

Regards