kde versions

Sven Eppler s.eppler at t-online.de
Sat Jun 14 00:41:03 BST 2003

At Friday, 13. Juni 2003 23:51 you wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I developed a project under RedHat 9. That is kde 3.1 and kdevelop 2.1.5
> and Qt 3.1.1.
> I startet this project under kde 3.0. I updated to the new versions
> recently.
>
> But now, someone else tries to compile the project unter SuSE 8.0 (That
> is kde 3.0.x and Qt 3.0)
>
> When running configure he fails, The configure script is compaining
> about a missing qt 3.1!!!
>
> I never said to use 3.1.
>
> How can I handle this? At which point did I force to 3.1 without having
> known it?
>
> Regards
> Cornelius
>

> -
> kdevelop-request at kdevelop.org with the following body: unsubscribe
> »your-email-address«

Have you tried to make a "distclean" and then run "autoconf and automake"
to let the project recognize the new configuration after getting it to SuSE?
You can find these points in the "build" menu. Afterwards try a "configure"
again, perhaps with the corrects paths as arguments, for SuSE these extra-
argements might look like this:
--prefix=/opt/kde3 --with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt3

Good luck.