library query

Edward Moyse Edward.Moyse at cern.ch
Thu Jul 24 09:22:08 BST 2003

> On Tuesday 22 July 2003 16:40, you wrote:
> > Can anyone help? I'm really stuck! The file libCore.so is definitely in
> > /afs/cern.ch/sw/root/v3.05.05/rh73_gcc296/root/lib!
>
> did you set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to that directory? Is the file
> executable? Try running "ldd myapp" to see whether the library loader piks up
> the right files.

As you might have seen from my later message (sorry - I didn't see your
replies until just now) LD_LIBRARY_PATH *does* contain the lib dir, but
apparently kdevelop doesn't see it. I'm guessing that kdevelop uses a
different shell, but since the CERN standard is zsh (which I use) I'd
rather find a solution that didn't mean that everyone who wants to edit
this code has to add a new .bashrc or whatever. Is there any other way
around it?

Cheers (and thanks for the dast response)

Ed