qt and kdevelop

Derek Broughton dbroughton at netcom.ca
Wed Jul 23 15:18:13 BST 2003

From: "Christoph Dohmen" <chdohmen at gmx.de>

> Am Mittwoch, 23. Juli 2003 15:17 schrieb Derek Broughton:
>
> > In Debian, the files go in /usr/include/qt3, and /usr/lib/qt3 looks
> > completely wrong (why would headers be in a lib directory?)
>
> I use suse and the complete QT3 stuff is playced in
> /usr/lib/qt3/
> /usr/lib/qt3/bin
> /usr/lib/qt3/doc
> So there must be one directory containing the complete stuff!

Not at all.  Debian puts libraries in /usr/lib, binaries in /usr/bin and headers
in /usr/include.  If you tried to package QT for debian and put everything under
/usr/lib/qt3 it would never make it out of unstable.

However, if what you're suggesting is that the environment variable QTDIR has to
point to a directory containing all of those, then my solution (creating a
symlink to /usr/include/qt3) was probably the only way to do it.