qt and kdevelop

Derek Broughton dbroughton at netcom.ca
Wed Jul 23 14:17:45 BST 2003

From: "Christoph Dohmen" <chdohmen at gmx.de>

> Am Mittwoch, 23. Juli 2003 14:48 schrieb Derek Broughton:
>
> > > Did you set up QTDIR???
> > I'm a debian user.  Who sets up environment variables? :-)
> > (the less facetious answer, of course, is that I had no idea...thanks)
>
> No idea of 'how to set up' or no idea if it is set?
>
> first: in bash 'export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3'
> second: in bash 'echo $QTDIR'

Thanks.  I really just meant I had no idea that it looked at such an environment
variable.  I could have found out if I'd looked harder - but I just looked at
what directories it checked, and made sure there was one.

In Debian, the files go in /usr/include/qt3, and /usr/lib/qt3 looks completely
wrong (why would headers be in a lib directory?)