Slightly Off Topic -- vimpart

A. S. Budden kdevelop.mail at southparade.vispa.com
Tue Jul 15 17:40:06 BST 2003

Hi there,

I realise this is slightly off topic, but the only reason I want to do
this is to use it with gideon, so here I go anyway...

I've been looking at gideon because of it's ability to use different
editors (vim for example). I went to the kvim website
(http://www.freehackers.org/kvim) and the instructions here seem to
indicate (to a linux beginner like myself) that what I need to do is to
download the vim kpart using cvs like this:

export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at anoncvs.kde.org:/home/kde
cvs login
<enter>
cvs co kdeextragear-1

This puts the source code in the subdirectory vimpart

So off I go to the kdeextragear-1/vimpart directory and lo and behold,
there is a file named "INSTALL". The instructions here are the generic
ones that come with most kde programs, type
./configure
make
make install

HOWEVER... there isn't a "configure" file, so of course, this results in
the following:

bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

So, what do I do?!

Al