New to linux

tech at bishop.dhs.org tech at bishop.dhs.org
Tue Jul 15 13:57:08 BST 2003

As root, run the command: 'apt-cache show kdevelop'.  That will give a
description of the package.  Look for a line that starts with the word
'Recommends'.  There will be some package names on that line, probably
stuff like 'make' and 'kdevelop-doc'.  Run: 'apt-get install make
kdevelop-doc etc etc'.  Then, do the same for all the packages on the
line that starts with 'Suggests' (there will be a lot more on this line,
probably about 15 packages or so).  Once they are all done installing,
you should be able to develop/compile programs successfully.  If you run
into more problems, feel free to email this list, or
debian-kde at lists.debian.org.

Hope that helps, and have a nice day.

David